Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Week 1 EOC: Great Customer Service

After a long week of working in retail, I decided to switch roles on a Saturday afternoon.  I wanted to be the customer and shop at a place I knew I’d be happy to go.  A place where I could be treated nicely and be helped out immediately by the associates, a place where it was about marketing and not about advertising. "Broadly defined, marketing is a social and managerial process by which individuals and organizations obtain what they need and want through creating and exchanging value with others. In a narrower business context, marketing involves building profitable, value-laden exchange relationships with customers."(Marketing An Introduction 10th Edition p4) That store happened to be Francesca’s Collections Boutique, a small stylish boutique where I absolutely love everything from the clothing to jewelry, to the shoes and bags, I loved it all.  Upon entering the store I was greeted with a welcoming hello and they kindly let me know what sale was going on that day and gave me my space to shop.  Since the store’s square footage wasn’t so big they made sure to give enough room for people to shop without being that over bearing associate who can’t get a clue about personal space.  Once I needed something on a higher shelf they were by my side within seconds and we exchanged names. She did not hesitate to give my styling advice and show me other products the item went well with.  Being a sales associate, I know that clearance and sales racks are the last places you want a customer to see or go to, but this associate led right there showing me the perfect bag that would match the top I was getting. I wouldn’t have seen it without her help because it was on a higher shelf hidden. For that I thanked her very much and she was friendly enough to talk to me as an acquaintance without being too nosy. She led me to the cash wrap taking my items that I was going to purchase so I wouldn’t have to carry them either.  It was a nice gesture of her and really made me feel better then I already did. The transaction went smoothly and I thanked her for her help with my purchases and she didn’t even forget to say bye and to come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment